The 23rd annual Hoyt Street Cookie Exchange took place last week. I was an invited guest to this neighborhood party and was honored to be among these women of all different interests and backgrounds.
To participate in the Cookie Exchange, there are a few rules to follow:
1) To take cookies you must bring cookies, 5 dozen to be exact. One woman came to the party to socialize, only because she burned her cookies. She took a lot of pictures.
2) Bring copies of your recipe to share.
3) Display your cookies on a plate, basket, plastic container.
4) Bring a container to take your cookies home in.
5) The number of people who brought cookies divided by 60 determines the number of cookies per batch you can take.
6) Ready. Set. Go. Round the table you go.
7) Socialize and talk.
So are you curious as to which cookie I brought to the exchange? Well, it was the Coconut Pyramids. Surprised? They were wonderful and so easy to transport to the party.
Do you wonder what happened to my other cookies? The Whoopie Pies went to the Christmas Potluck at work. People raved over the marshmallow creme filling and decorative squiggles.
The Sarah Bernhardt cookies were placed individually in candy wrappers and into gift bags for co-workers. These cookies are gluten free and several of my friends with gluten allergies were thrilled.
It was a long month of baking, but now I have a variety of cookies to share for any holiday celebration. Merry Christmas and happy baking!