I am the slowest person on the planet at replying to award nominations from other bloggers.
From My Kitchen To Yours nominated me six weeks ago for a Liebster Award. How sweet!
“The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers…
Nominees of the Liebster Award must…
- Post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions that the tagger/nominator has posted for them.
- Create 11 questions and choose (nominate) 11 blogs of 200 followers or less and link them in the post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
My 11 questions to you all
What is your favorite food to cook?
Lately it has been veggies.
What is your favorite food to eat?
Jelly or Jam, and specifically Ginger Jelly (I know really?)
What was your favorite childhood book?
From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E Frankweiler by E. L Konigsburg
Why did you start your blog?
I turned 50 years old and I felt that I had no significance in the world. I have been told that I am funny, have a talent with writing and good ideas. I thought the blog would help me express my feelings formally.
How do you decide what to cook?
My cooking is intuitional based. I grew up loving beets, green beans, cucumbers and corn because we grew them in our garden. I was in 4-H sewing, knitting, baking, and learning to cook anything with hamburgers or pork. I was raised on the outskirts of a small town with a state university, my Dad was a country boy and my Mom was a small city girl. I am a combo of city and country – loving both.
How often do you go to the grocery store?
Anywhere from weekly to two to three times a week. Because I work full-time my “play time” in the kitchen varies from none to several times during the week.
What is your biggest dream?
I like living in a balance and I must have a creative outlet. I have this blog for my creative outlet but I also am a healthcare professional relishing in both worlds.
Recipes or no recipes?
If I get into a groove I can be inspired and throw ingredients together easily. When I’m stressed I have to look at the cookbook or recipe literally.
What is your favorite color?
Blue. It always has been and always be.
What do you hope comes out of your blogging?
I’m a late bloomer to writing and blogging. But, I have been told that I have an interesting point of view.
What is your favorite holiday?
St Patrick’s Day. My mother is Irish and her loves were a big influence in my life. I celebrated St Patrick’s Day this year in New Orleans. That was interesting. There were a total of four different St. Patrick’s Day parades in the city over the weekend. People throw cabbage as well as bead necklaces.
I nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Blog award:
Here are the following eleven questions to answer:
1. What is you go-to comfort food?
2. What recipe or food are you afraid to cook?
3. What is your favorite movie?
4. Are you a cat or dog person?
5. If you had a dinner party, which three people would you invite (dead or alive) ?
6. If you won the lottery, how would you spend your money?
7. Who is your favorite TV chef?
8. What is your favorite candy?
9. What is your favorite childhood memory?
10. What was your favorite song?
11. What inspires you?
Happy Spring everyone!